Tuesday 1 July 2014

Two little skaven sitting on a wall....

Got another one of the globadiers done last night after purchasing a monster brush from army painter:


I love these brushes, the grip makes it more comfortable and precise to work with and the quality of the tip is fantastic. I zoomed through last night's globadier because of it. Together the two finished globe chuckers look nice but lonely, need to get the rest done quickly:


I've been asked how I do these guys robes and it's really easy. I wanted the army to have a comic book feel to the paint style, stark highlights and blacklining abound. I started with genestealer purple then covered it in a load of gryphonne sepia (seraphim sedia now I believe). Once this was dry I highlighted it up as if I was starting on a base of genestealer purple, adding white gradually. The effect is that the shadows and shades are a nice dirty brown to give the impression that these are old tattered robes. Make sure the wash is dry first before you start highlighting, sounds obvious but some of us are impatient and like to ruin their own work. 

No comments: