Sunday 6 July 2014

Multiple Mayhem


Phew finally finished the 5 (rat) man Globadier unit today. They're just one of those units that while you're painting doesn't look great until you get to the final touches. I'm painting the robe on it thinking "this looks good but it would look fantastic with blood spattered across it" or "I think the leather on this face mask looks nice but the lenses would set this off perfectly" so it's just a case of seeing the model for what it's going to look like. 


As you can see that giant globadier isn't alone he's accompanied by a blood soaked ratling gun. These guys have been sat in the army with just the metallics done for weeks so wanted to finish them quickly and get them paired with their unit, plus I was awake at 6am this morning and had 90 minutes where everyone else was sleeping. The red is a base red, brown army painter ink then some blood red on top finally highlighted with a blood red/bad sunz yellow mix. The rest of the army currently has a darker red to their clothes but I'll drop a highlight on them when I finish all the others.


I wanted the ratling gun to look like it's been getting right up in the combat, jamming the gun into the enemy units and letting rip with hot warpstone death. I think I use blood for the blood god a bit too much but I love how it looks and really it's called WARhammer not HUGhammer (that's something dwarves do). 


Next up it's either the Warp Lightning Cannon or the second half of a 40 Rat clanrat unit. Something big and impressive anyway.

No comments: