Monday 30 March 2015

TO THE TREES!

I've made a big decision. I will be going to Battle Brothers this year! Last time I played in a tournament at Warhammer World I was 17 years old, that means it's been 16 years! Then I took my beloved Wood Elves, I remember sitting on the side of a bed in a B&B finishing the bases at 1am on the morning of the tournament. I didn't win or even get in the top ten but it was one of the most fun weekends I'd ever had. Those Wood Elves have long since been sold for rent money and I've moved out of the hobby and back in again so when I saw that the weekend after the grand reopening of Warhammer World was a doubles tournament it reignited some nostalgic fires in my hobbyist's soul and I couldn't resist signing up.


As readers of this blog and anyone I meet randomly in the street will tell you I have a large Vampire Counts force now, on it's way to being painted at 3000pts, and play with it regularly. I love my Vampires and they're quite a pretty looking army to boot. However, it's been 16 years, I couldn't return to Warhammer World without the army that started it all for me. With the aid of a very good friend (Samuel!) I now have 1000pts of new Wood Elf models on their way to me. But some remnant of my old force remains and joins the new recruits so for your enjoyment here is the first model of my new Wood Elf force, my spellsinger:


Here's the 1st draft of my 1300pts list, to me it seems a bit sparse but I'm assured Wood Elves are an elite army and as my partner is an Ogre Kingdom's player I'm not too worried about massed units:


Anyone got any thoughts?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Questions, which law?
What are you going to do when they get to you.
If you are shooting then MSU it as those GG units won't stand. The TM will suffer to magic and flame artillery. What has your partner got (I presume it's doubles) this is great if you pair up right as you are super supporty

Chris Purchase said...

Not sure on law yet as want to try out a couple of games to choose. I've changed the list to add 5 wild riders now too. My partner has Ogres so I figured I'd let him smash things and I'd arrow them to death