Monday 22 December 2014

Let it snow!!!

'TIS THE SEASON! We're all getting ready for the Christmas celebrations in the Purchase-Green household so hobbying has been taking a back seat to wrapping and baking however I've still managed to get some stuff done. With the End Times Warhammer supplements coming out I'm really excited about getting a larger army and fighting some massive battles. 

I've been adding snow to the bases of my current finished units. I love snow effect but usually I just painting PVA on the base and dip the models into it, this time I mixed the snow effect straight into the PVA glue then clumped it on with a sculpting tool as I've seen this create a more realistic effect. I wanted it to look like it's been snowing and is still snowing but the armies are moving through it. 


The Hexwraiths are ethereal so I didn't want it to look like they were being affected by the snow however with the Skellies I wanted it to look like they had it landing on them. You can see it on the shields, top of the banner and some of their heads. 


Here are the current units in progress. We've got some spirits who just need their final highlights, a unit of skellies who just need basing and vargheists who need their wings (next time I paint vargheists I'm doing them in separate bits, getting behind the wings has been a nightmare)


Got a game planned for January 2nd with Steve and last time he faced a mostly grey plastic army so would love to have an army that's half finished. I reckon I can get all this done AND a character if I do a bit every day.


No comments: