Tuesday 30 December 2014

Frost and Bone

I'm currently rushing to finish as many units as possible for this Saturday's game (only my 2nd with Vampire Counts) and I wanted to take a break to post what I've done so far. I have to point out I did go back and rebase the Hexwraiths and original Skellie unit as I didn't like the flock and static grass and wanted a winter theme.

I wanted the bases to look like it had been winter and the thaw had arrived but just as the snow had started to melt a cold had descended freezing the melting snow. That's when the undead arrived.



Family photo. I love the new Vampire Counts models, they're so atmospheric and it looks like they've been sculpted by someone who really loved them. 


I've never been a massive fan of metallics so I'm steering away from them except a slight lining of silver on the rusty swords.



I'm writing a background for my Banshee as it just feels right to have some kind of history. I imagine that she was a vain trophy wife who had her husband poisoned to inherit his fortune but accidentally drank from his cup. 




These new Spirit Hosts are just incredible. Easy to paint, lovely sculpts. Didn't take long to get them looking like this. 


 I love the vargheists and I think I'll be going back and touching them up a bit just to give them glowing eyes and some bone details. I've got about 2500pts of Vamps now and this is the units half done. Next up I've got a Black Knight unit to finish painting so fingers crossed that's done by Friday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done you, that lot looks amazing. You have done better than me this month. Hat off to you Ma boy!

Chris Purchase said...

Thanks man! I want to get the Knights done and 10 more skellies before the showdown on Sunday