Wednesday 12 November 2014

COUNT on me (more vampires!)

Today has been pretty busy! I'm still sorting out my painting area etc so apologies for the low quality of these photos.

I managed to do the details on the first five skeletons of 20. Agrax earthshade over white primer, then a drybrush of white for the bone. Tried a bunch of different things with these and learned a couple of lessons. 

First off Oxide is a great finish for undead metallics.


Secondly you don't need to do any metallics at all.


And finally sometimes a quick ink does the same job as hours of shading


I've managed to prime and wash the rest of the skellies so they'll get drybrushed tomorrow. Also my basing kit and these babies arrived.

I got 4 and 3 will form a unit . The remaining swarm I'm going to use with my vampire to make it look like he's reforming out of them (been watching Dracula Untold).

Also Lucy (my exceedingly better half) convinced me that a display cabinet would be a great idea so now this has gone up in the bedroom.

Undoubtedly she is incredible. Also it's not Vamp related but in the same place we found the cabinet we also discovered this awesome work of art for the bargain price of £2! THAT'S CHEAPER THAN AN EXTRA VALUE MEAL!

No comments: